Why Is My Instagram Profile Picture Blurry: Easy Tips and Fixes 2022
The first thing people see when they come across a profile is the Instagram profile picture. You need a good one to gain more followers and increase engagement.
You most likely uploaded a lovely profile picture to find that it came out blurry. Despite your best efforts with many images, you still had the same blurry photo.
We will cover in this article how to change your Instagram profile image and some tips for taking the perfect IG profile picture.
Why Is My Instagram Profile Picture Blurry 2022?
While using the fun Instagram platform, you may see poor photo quality and sometimes blurry images.
Your Instagram profile photo is blurry for two main reasons. The first is that Instagram may compress a picture larger than 1MB. The incorrect ratio is the second reason.
How To Fix Your Blurry Instagram Photos
To avoid Instagram ruining the quality of your photos, you need to have the correct aspect ratio, or you will not be uploading a picture below 1MB.
Here we will list the top fixes for Instagram photos that are blurry here.
1 . Keeping the Correct Aspect Ratio
Your Instagram profile photo’s display size is 110 x 110 pixels. But to maintain image quality, we recommend uploading your image at a higher resolution. Instagram has a 4:5 aspect ratio, which results in images with a 1080 x 1350 pixel resolution.
The image fills the screen with good quality in this way. Additionally, a square image should be 1080 pixels by 1080 pixels in dimension, which is the ideal aspect ratio.
More Instagram image sizes for 2022
|Social media image type||Dimensions in pixels|
|Instagram Post||1080 x 1080 (1:1 ratio)|
|Instagram Profile Photo||110 x 110 (1:1 ratio)|
|Instagram Landscape Photo||1080 x 608 (1.91:1 ratio)|
|Instagram Story||1080 x 1920 (9:16 ratio)|
2. Use Instagram’s Camera
Using Instagram’s default camera app is an alternative option. Even though the camera lacks professional features, you can still take High-resolution pictures.
3. Don’t Share the Photo Before Uploading.
When you share photos via Facebook or WhatsApp, it will initially compress those. Therefore, the already compressed image will appear pixelated when you post it.
4. Use Other Third-party Photo Editing Apps
You can make perfect Instagram posts using many third-party tools, such as Canva. It features many of Instagram’s pre-set frameworks and structures, making it easier for you to create high-quality photos.
5. Update the Instagram application.
Image quality may be low due to the old app version. You can download The most recent version of Instagram from the iTunes App Store or Google Play.
6. Maximize Your Phone’s Camera Settings
You can snap better images when you maximize your phone’s camera quality. Therefore, the quality loss (Instagram lowers the photo quality) won’t be as bad when you upload them to Instagram.
7. Fix Instagram Settings
Go through the Instagram settings before doing anything.
- Open your Instagram account.
- Tap the Menu on top right side
- Click Settings.
- Choose Account.
- Select Use Mobile Data. You can see there how the picture quality changes when Instagram saves data.
- Under the ” Use Less,” toggle off “Data Saver.”
Some quick tips:
- Make sure to choose a high-resolution image with a high pixel count.
- Double Check the file type. Make sure the image is a jpg. Resave it as a jpg if it contains extra characters.
- Try reuploading the picture by these steps:
Open profile> open settings> select advanced features>disable high-quality image processing.
- Make sure your camera lenses are clean because the picture becomes blurry sometimes because the lens of the camera is dirty.
- If you’re using an iPhone, your phone’s settings are likely only creating thumbnails rather than high-quality images. Make your image a favourite, then try uploading it once more. Try adding it to your favourites, editing it, and posting it if the former doesn’t work.
- As this has been a problem for some, ensure your iOS version is at least 10.3.1 updated.
Why Is My Instagram Profile Picture Blurry iPhone
There are many possible reasons why your profile photo is pixelated and blurry. The most common cause is that you are uploading a picture that is too small and has a poor resolution to be of any use. Ensure you’re uploading images in the JPEG format and following the dimension specifications.
Check your iCloud settings if you’re not saving your images in low resolution on purpose. Your iPhone will replace our high-resolution content for lower ones if the Optimize iPhone Storage feature is turned on to save up space in your Camera Roll.
How to check that setting is as follows:
- Go to Settings.
- Photos > Apple ID > iCloud
- Instead of choosing to Optimize Photo Storage, Select Download and “Keep Originals.”
Following these steps will prevent you from uploading any low-resolution images by accident. You may always see the high-resolution versions of your pictures on your iCloud account. It is possible only if you decide to keep the Optimize iPhone Storage setting on.
You can see many unique methods to use your Instagram profile photo to promote your page and highlight your business.
How To Change Your Profile Picture On Instagram?
Changing your Instagram profile picture is simple, and you may do so anytime. You can change Instagram profile pictures without any restrictions. Here are the steps for updating your profile photo on both the desktop and mobile versions of Instagram.
- Open your Instagram account.
- Access your profile.
- Choose Change Profile Photo under Edit Profile. If you want to use the photo you just captured, click Choose from Library.
- Choose a picture.
- Hit “Done.”
Your Instagram profile picture plays an essential role in developing your brand. It works as your page’s first visual introduction, and the image followers will use to recognize you in their Stories feed.
Having a high-quality profile picture is therefore crucial.
We hope this article helped you with Why Is My Instagram Profile Picture Blurry.
Also Check: How To Watch Instagram Live Anonymously In 2022?
How do you make your profile picture not blurry on Instagram?
Too-small or too-large images either won’t work or will appear pixelated and blurry. Thus, you must resize your profile photo to fit within a 110px by 110px square or 1:1 aspect ratio.
How do I make my profile picture HD on Instagram?